Gilda Emcees WBDC Business Breakfast Attended by 700 People

by Gilda Bonanno LLC www.gildabonanno.com

It was an honor to serve as Emcee for the Women's Business Development Center's 13th Annual Business Breakfast, held November 13 in Stamford, CT.  We had over 700 people in attendance for a fascinating panel discussion of "Entrepreneurship is the New Women's Movement."

On stage with Panel Moderator, journalist Paula Zahn and panelists:
Carla Harris, the President's Appointed Chair of the National Women's Business Council (NWBC) and Managing Director at Morgan Stanley
Amy Millman, Founder and CEO of Springboard Enterprises
Rose Wang, Founder and CEO of the Binary Group and named one of Fortune's 2013 Most Powerful Women Entrepreneurs

 With Kim Rodney (Chair of the WBDC Board of Directors), Rose Wang, Amy Millman, Paula Zahn, Carla Harris and Fran Pastore (WBDC CEO and Founder)

 I began the morning with the story of how I came to WBDC when I first started my business, to take advantage of the classes and resources that helped me launch and grow my business.  
Realizing the value that WBDC provides, I wanted to contribute and so I became a volunteer instructor and then a Board Member. 
  

I am proud of my affiliation with WBDC and continue to work with the organization, watching as it grows and evolves and continues to educate and train women entrepreneurs and business owners throughout CT at all stages of growth.

The Women’s Business Development Council (WBDC) is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping women become economically self-sufficient. WBDC is the leader of entrepreneurial and financial training for women in Connecticut and has been educating, empowering and promoting women through entrepreneurship, financial education and expanded career opportunities for 17 years.

For more information about the WBDC, please visit www.ctwbdc.org


Gilda Bonanno's blog www.gildabonanno.blogspot.com